Wednesday 30 October 2013

Missioning - 99% complete

I'm nearly ready to stop mission running, nearly but not quite.
 

The Plan

 
I set myself a goal when I started about four weeks ago, an amount of LP I needed based on what I wanted from the LP Store. I mentioned my aim to a couple of friends and one asked me to get him a set of implants so I added that to my LP requirements and then it was time to start.
 
Security Connections V was trained and a suitable fit for my ship, a Paladin, purchased and found in storage containers.
 

A little help

 
When I started I used an alt in a Guardian to provide remote repair in a Guardian and for a couple of days I had another alt in a boosting Damnation providing help. In the end I've done 80% of my LP without boosts or assistance. Instead I've managed the sites and limited the incoming DPS combined with a faction repair module means I've only had to warp out two or three times in the several hundred missions I've done.
 

Starting out

 
I started the missioning with Mega Pulse Lasers and after two weeks of frustration at having to continually move and new waves always appearing "just" out of range of my guns I took the advice of someone and refit my ship to use Mega Beam Lasers instead and removed my damage control II in favour of an extra faction heat sink.
 
The other suggestion I received was to drop the micro warp drive and instead use a Micro Jump Drive, I did this and it was a revelation. Now damage incoming could be avoided by jumping 100km away and then sniping until they came close again at which point the MJD is recharged and I move again.
 

Refit

 
The refit immediately made a difference, I had to now remember different ranges for my crystals but this was quite simple but now I was hitting out to 108km with Aurora L an doing good damage but using Gleam L for targets under 30km I was doing ridiculous damage.
 
I rarely have had to use drones now, occasionally a frigate or spider drone gets under my guns and no matter what crystal I use they're moving too fast. Using the dual webs I have to slow the frigate down and setting drones on them solves that but if I get too many webbing or scram drones I just MJD away before taking the frigates out at range.
 
I thought I'd have to use the boosting alt with this fit but Level 4 missions haven't needed it, at times I've been down to 20% armour but a little overheating and changing primary targets to remove dps ships means I never have really been under threat. Small ships are a pain but as I mentioned above the webs and drones deal with them and even if I'm swamped the MJD is my saviour.
 

The Fit

 
This is the fit I'm using, a little expensive I know but this is a Marauder based mission running ship that deserves a little bit of expense to maximise your return.
 
[High Slots]
Mega Beam Laser II, Gleam L
Mega Beam Laser II, Gleam L
Mega Beam Laser II, Gleam L
Mega Beam Laser II, Gleam L
Large Remote Armor Repair System II
Small Tractor Beam II
Small Tractor Beam II
 
[Med Slots]
Large Micro Jump Drive
Cap Recharger II
Stasis Webifier II
Stasis Webifier II
 
[Low Slots]
True Sansha Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Reactive Armor Hardener
True Sansha Large Armor Repair
1600 Reinforced Steel Plates II
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
 
[Rigs]
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit II
 
I keep a full set of T1 Crystals in the ship, I've found X-Ray L to be the crystal I use most at the 30km - 50km range. T2 crystals are used to take on long range targets (Aurora) or short range (Gleam) and I made sure I have at least 20 of each.
 
Drones I use 5 hammerheads or 5 hobgoblins but rarely have to use them except as mentioned above.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment