Wednesday 2 October 2013

Groundhog Day


I'm currently doing L4 missions for a faction to improve not just my Minmatar standings but also earn LP for some implants. I'm 85% of the way towards getting the implants but I've found my zest for missions to be somewhat less than I wish it was.
 
I know why, missions are so Boring. It is repetition over and over, combined with the guides at EVE Survival Guide you never really are challenged. Sure you can shoot the wrong ship or fit your ship with the wrong modules you can make it more difficult but it doesn't matter, you still get the same missions over and over in a never ending loop.
 
 
It wouldn't be so bad with some variation thrown in, but I've had to reject that mission to kill the damaged Amarrian battle cruiser sixteen times, I've captured over eight hundred militants and I don't know how many times I've destroyed the "massive angel taskforce" that was about to attack my employers.
 
I've maximised my Security Connections skill so I can get nearly 8,000 to 10,000 LP a mission  and these missions average 35 minutes to complete. That's not a huge profit but over time that's a nice income towards the implants. Adding a second character running the same missions and it's a lucrative income however you may well shoot yourself in the head because of the tedium.
 
After I'm done here I'm going to move up for Sisters of EVE missions, save up some LP before Rubicon is released. But I'm not sure if I want to do that, grinding the same missions, the same actions hour over hour for LP is not my idea of fun...
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment