Tuesday 11 February 2014

Finding Direction

Lost

 
It's hard not to feel lost in EVE, there are so many things to do and so many people to ignore or interact with. Deciding what to do in EVE can be difficult and this is something I'm in the middle of trying to resolve.
 
I have friends to bounce ideas off as well as a couple of locations around New Eden where I can locate myself. The only issue I'm facing is one question and that is "what do I want to do".
 
 

Direction

 
For me the choice  comes down to some form of industry, I've commented before that I have poor PvP skills (and miniscule real interest in solo PvP). That's not to say I won't do it but I'm not going to be alone and start fights or even join Faction Warfare.
 
I have a love/hate relationship with PvE (documented previously) and there is no way I can make it my full time occupation so this leaves only a few things and all of these are based around industry.
 

Deciding

 
I like running towers, the whole logistics of it is something that appeals to my nature and I get enjoyment out of it. The ISK I make goes to buy interesting things or to save for a 'rainy day' but it will be used at some point.
 
So I've decided to move to a null sec region and join some friends (as well as new people who don't know yet they're my friends) by running towers that will help finance operations in this region. It's a small alliance I'll be a part of but the work I will be doing will be important and is in many ways an extension of what I've been previously doing.
 

The Future

 
There are four towers now that I will be running but I'm already planning and looking to perform a full moon survey within 5 jumps so we can look at getting more towers up and running.
 
Logistics are going to be a little difficult to start but I've already had agreement from the alliance CEO to purchase a new Jump Freighter (from liquid funds) so we have additional capacity for moving stuff in/out.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment