Tuesday 25 August 2015

Travel Advisory : Bagodan

Are you taking a Freighter or Transport ship through Bagodan?
 
No, well move along nothing to read here... but if you are be very wary as it has, for a 0.7 system, become very hot for ganking in the past few days. I've seen a friend lose a freighter and I nearly lost a jump freighter last night myself.
 

What Happened/Happening?

 
This is just guessing by me but the recent hostilities (read: invasion) of Providence by Imperium could be partly to blame. I have followed the news about this but I had not seen the implications for traders and industrialists who pass close to providence on their travels.
 
 
 
Esescama is a nexus for people who plan to enter Providence via KBP7-G but we also have Dihra and Choonka (that I know people use) but it is Esescama that is the primary staging system for visitors.
 
Bagodan being under siege could be part of the operation to catch logistics for the defenders but also, as it may be for I no longer trade in Providence, over loaded or plain profitable freighters that have to travel this system to get to Amarr and/or Jita.
 

How is it going

 
Profitably I would say and they aren't just attacking large targets like Freighters but even smaller ships are being preyed upon.
 
As they are profiting they are staying put. I was surprised to see this kill, Royaldo is a former CEO and to see him lose this was cringe worthy. How he got caught I do not know but I think it could be as simple as auto piloting through at the wrong time.
 

You nearly got caught

 
I did, I was passing through heading to Amarr and then my home system with two jump freighters full of materials that I use in my manufacturing.
 
I didn't pay attention tot he yellow dot on the heron that was following my characters until two jumps before Bagodan. I never saw any scanning take place, I certainly wasn't yellow-boxed so it was all done passively.
 
I jumped into Bagodan and it was when I saw three Machariel's on grid, all with yellow dots, that I realised it was not a good place to be. Fortunately my other character was just arriving on gate to jump in so I aborted that and turned him around for the nearest system with a station.
 
Alas the other was in a bad situation, so I logged out.
 

What did you do?

 
Yes, I logged out. Worst case was I'd get shot and lose the freighter, almost as bad was I'd be shot but have a 15 minute timer allowing them to scan me down and kill me.
 
But I had a plan.
 
In order to enact it I needed to do so quickly AND make them think I was a newbie who just logged out and they'd have 15 minutes to leisurely scan me down and kill me.
 
I need to check the distance (in light years) between my jump freighter pilot and two cyno pilots I have for just such eventualities. Actually, they are there in case I get caught in Uedama or Niarja not Bagodan but I digress.
 
Distance is too much for one but the other is just in range so I login the character in (local is conveniently empty), and undock and light my cyno.
 
I log back in to the jump freighter pilot and see he has a kill right, he was shot and had an active timer. I enter warp and appear back on grid where I logged out. I can see local has increased in numbers, many with orange or red standings to my corporation/alliance.
 
I see a couple of ships appear as I'm exiting warp but I didn't take notice of them, I was leaving and leaving quickly.
 
I enter jump and am safe. I dock and then quit the for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment